Thursday, July 17, 2008

Stuff

"The ten players named to the USA Basketball Select Team include: LaMarcus Aldridge (Portland Trail Blazers); Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City NBA); Jeff Green (Oklahoma City NBA); Luther Head (Houston Rockets); Al Horford (Atlanta Hawks); Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers); Kevin Martin (Sacramento Kings); O.J. Mayo (Memphis Grizzlies); Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls) and Rodney Stuckey (Detroit Pistons)."(link)

"His father Richard was an absentee dad who abused drugs and once stole Rafer's Michael Jordan rookie card and other belongings and sold them on the street."(link)

"Stephen A Smith, F you. Actually, F you and anyone that employs your pathetic excuse for an NBA reporter existence. First of all, screaming something louder makes it seem more wrong, not all of the sudden un-idiotic. Second, Tracy telling you he just wants to win does NOT mean "I want to be traded". It means, I want to win. You cannot extrapolate out that now he'd "Welcome a trade to Detroit". All you can take out of that is that he wants to win, period. And guess what fuckstick, he IS winning in Houston. 55 times just last year alone, even 22 in a row. Yes, they lost in the first round, but no Yao had at least a little effect on that, don't you think? In short, you are the worst NBA reporter with any sort of exposure that I've ever seen, please stop talking completely. Actually, stop talking, writing, typing or even using sign language." (posted on The Dream Shake Blog: link)

“You always know there’s a chance you can be traded at any given time, but I felt my play wasn’t warranting me to be kicked off the team, per se. I definitely feel insulted. I felt I did everything right on and off the court for this organization. I’m still in [disbelief]. I’m still numb. I’m still in shock. Blindsided, distraught, disrespected. All those adjectives. I felt like I was the scapegoat for all the first-round exits (five since 2004). Definitely frustrated because I felt that I gave it my all."(Marcus Camby: link)

"The Los Angeles Clippers today announced that the team has signed restricted free agent guard Kelenna Azubuike to an offer sheet to a multi-year agreement. Azubuike is currently a restricted free agent who has played the last two seasons with the Golden State Warriors."(link)

No comments: